1. Time to revise/re-write the paragraph in a final draft.
2. Group-work (my choice of partner)
Initial comments about class tension.
Groups will find 10 words or descriptions (total for both) of the commoners from the following two sources:
- I, i: Flavius and Marullus (694-95)
- I, ii: Casca's comments (704)
Groups will find 5 words, expectations or approaches from 739, top 745, and 747
3. Some basic notes on class structure
- The upper class, with the exception of Brutus and (possibly) Caesar, treat the poor patronizingly and look act as though they should "know their place)
- Brutus and Caesar both look in their own ways to help the poor out, Brutus by establishing a Commonwealth and Caesar through his will. The irony here is that Brutus and Caesar essentially take each other out and leave the poor at the mercy of people like Antony.
4. As individuals, explain the basic concept back to me in your own words.
The balance of the time will be for those who have not finished their paragraphs.