Apply the rhetorical triangle the following situations. Assume that you are the speaker. How do you adjust how you talk about your message the message differently given your audience?
Context/Situation: You got into UGA.
Message: Expressing gratitude, thinking about ways to pay for your education
- Mom, Dad, Friend, Wealthy Grandmother, UGA Admissions officer in a thank-you note.
Context/Situation: Panama wasn't kind to you. You need someone to bail you out of jail. Charge: breaking curfew and loitering.
Message: Get me out of here.
- Mom, Dad, Friend, Grandmother, Arresting Officer
Brutus Eulogy for CaesarDiscuss the context for the speech.
List 5 things that you know about what is happening.
- List 5 ways that you expect Brutus to talk to the people. What does he need to say given the situation?
3. Listen to Brutus' speech to the people.
- discuss the positioning of Brutus to the people.
4. How is the speech different than what you expected.